The Academy is very pleased to be able to invite parents and their children to visit the Academy before confirming their choice of secondary schools for September 2022. In order to make sure that this event runs safely and minimises the risk of infection from COVID-19 for students, parents and staff, the organisation of the event will necessarily be different this year. Parents are invited to attend a live presentation by the Principal on Microsoft TEAMs on Thursday 16 September and are further invited to book a 30-minute tour of the Academy on the evening of Monday 20 September or on one of three open mornings detailed below. In order to operate this safely, the following control measures will be in place30
- The Principal's address will take place remotely, on Microsoft TEAMs, on Thursday 16 September at 6.30pm. We would ask parents to book their place by clicking on the link below.
- We would ask parents to book an evening tour on Monday 20 September at a time of their choosing by clicking the link below. Places are limited so we would encourage parents to book as soon as possible.
- We would ask parents to book a morning tour on Wednesday 22, Thursday 23 or Friday 24 September at a time of their choosing by clicking the link below. Places are limited so we would encourage parents to book as soon as possible.
- A separate booking is required to be made for each person visiting the Academy on our Open Evening on Monday 20th September or one of our Open Mornings operating on Wednesday 22nd; Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th September.
- We would ask parents to keep family groups to a minimum – and at most to two adults and one child. While we appreciate that this is not an ideal scenario, the smaller the family group, the more places we will have available for other families.
- We would ask that attendees take an LFD test before arriving and attend the Academy with a face covering to minimise the risk of the spread of infection.
- We would also ask that if attendees are symptomatic on the day of the event, they follow government guidance by isolating and requesting a PCR test. In these circumstances, please do not attend.
We look forward to meeting you and if you have any questions or queries, please email 'admissions' (email@example.com)