Free School Meals
The criteria for entitlement for Free school Meals has been changed by the department for Education as of 1st April 2018.
If your child was receiving Free school Meals on 1st April 201
Your child will automatically continue to receive free school meals until they complete their secondary education at key stage 4 (Year 11)
You will NOT have to reapply for Free school meals until your child enters Sixth Form provision.
If your circumstances change and you no longer fulfil the criteria for Free School Meals your child will still continue to receive free school meals until the end of their academic year 11.
If your child was not / is not receiving Free school Meals since 1st April 2018
If you fulfil any of the free school meals entitlement criteria set out below you can apply for free school meals at any time. Please complete the attached form below and return to Ms N Campbell at Ashcroft Academy.
If your entitlement is approved, your child will then stay on free school meals until the end of their academic year 11.
Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you are entitled to free School meals - A credit of £2.25 (via the restaurant mealman system) is allocated on a non-transferable daily basis to provide a two-course lunch in the restaurant.