Students follow one of 3 programmes of study in the Sixth Form:
- A levels
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme: IBDP
- BTEC National Diplomas in Music and Performing Arts
A levels are assessed by end of year examinations supported by internal assessments. Ashcroft will be keeping with the 4 AS and 3 A level structure in line with many other schools. Our most able students may take 4 A levels. The Internal Assessment Programme will be published by Friday 11 September and the timetable for public examinations will be published when released by awarding bodies.
Students take 6 subjects; 3 at standard and 3 at higher level assessed through examinations and internal assessments (IA)
In addition students take a core of
- CAS: Creativity Action Service: portfolio assessed
- Extended Essay: A 4,000 word essay
- ToK: Theory of Knowledge, assessed by a 1,500 word essay from a prescribed list of titles and a presentation on an aspect of ToK
Collectively each subject carries a maximum of 7 points and the core 3, making up the IBDP maximum of 45. The IB assessment plan will be available from Friday 11 September.
Music and Performing Arts are assessed through performance and a portfolio of written evidence with no end of course examinations.