Sixth Form Entry Requirements for Year 12 students starting September 2024
Minimum entry requirements for A Level Programme of Study:
English Language and Maths at grade 5 or above, plus five 9-6/A*-B grades in other GCSE subjects or D*-M in BTEC subjects.
Students who choose to study a subject which has been taken at GCSE level, must have achieved minimum B/6 in that subject.
Minimum entry requirements for IBDP Programme of Study:
Eight 9-6/A*-B grades including a combination of grades 6 and 7 for English Language and English Literature, grade 6 for Maths and grade 6 for combined/triple Science.
For the purposes of entry to Ashcroft Technology Academy Sixth Form:
- Vocational level 2 awards (e.g. BTEC) will count as one GCSE.
- Community languages will not form part of the entry criteria.
- Typically only grades for qualifications completed in Year 11 will be considered for the entry criteria.
In addition to academic entry requirements, applicants must be:
- In full time and continuous education.
- No older than 16 years of age at the start of the course.
- Able to show evidence of good attendance, positive behaviour and work ethic as shown in section 8 of the application form.
- Eligible for funding.
The offer of a place is conditional on a student fulfilling the entry requirements set out in the offer letter sent to them following their Sixth Form admissions consultation. These requirements include both the general entry requirements set out above and subject specific requirements stated in the offer letter. Students who do not meet the conditions of their offer but do meet the general entry requirements may be offered a place to study alternative courses, subject to availability.
We reserve the right to withdraw subjects that are undersubscribed.