Starting pay circa £23,000
We are looking for a hard-working, well-organised and enthusiastic person to join the Science Technician team of our highly successful Academy. You will work under the guidance of the Senior Science Technician and alongside other team members in a large, well-equipped department of ten highly refurbished laboratories and two preparation areas. Previous experience in a similar role would be a distinct advantage, though not essential as full training will be available for a suitable candidate.
This is a varied and interesting post and you will have the opportunity to work independently and also as part of a busy, supportive team who lend their skills and expertise to support the teaching staff in Biology, Chemistry and Physics lessons. In addition, some administration and other general maintenance tasks will be undertaken.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
Well organised and able to prioritise work
Both methodical and flexible to the demands of the job
Ability to remain calm at times of pressure
Enjoy working independently and as a team member
Innovative and able to think and plan ahead
A good level of computer literacy.
MAIN RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Provide effective support for teaching staff in all areas of Science with some emphasis on Biology.
- Preparation and setting up of equipment, materials and apparatus for all 3 Science subjects for years 7 to 13.
- Delivery of apparatus and equipment to lessons and setting up in laboratories when necessary. Clearing away of apparatus and equipment and upkeep of laboratories.
- Clearing away of used equipment promptly and disposing of waste appropriately.
- Ensure all equipment is properly repaired, maintained and stored. This will include ensuring the relevant safety equipment is properly maintained
- Trialling of new experiments and offering advice to staff and students on proposed practical work.
- Preparation of standard solutions for Chemistry and Biology experiments.
- Routine checking of resources and facilities. Reporting any faults or shortages to the Senior Technician or appropriate persons.
- Keeping up to date with Health and Safety regulations and local rules as relevant to tasks regularly undertaken, ensuring they are appropriately applied at all times.
- To set up for and provide support during Open Evenings.
- Manage the care of the department’s animals and plants.
- Providing general support e.g. updating stock records, some small repairs, ordering etc. To purchase materials from local shops.
- Attendance on relevant INSET courses and external training courses if required.
- Be able to deal with minor incidents.
- Undertake any other related tasks as reasonably requested by the Senior Science Technician
This list is not exhaustive and is only an indication of responsibilities.
Teaching & Learning Assistant
Actual salary range £15,640 - £20,641 (based on experience)
Term time only, 36.5 hours per week
Up to 2% Attendance Bonus
Occupational pension scheme
Training opportunities including routes into teaching
Free Onsite fitness and cardio suite
Ashcroft Technology Academy (ATA) is looking to appoint TLAs to support teaching provision for students with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) or other Special Educational Needs.
The post holders will provide flexible support to students with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs). Successful applicants will support a range of students in and out of the classroom, ensuring that all learners have full access to the National Curriculum.
Applicants will be expected to have good literacy/numeracy skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment. They should possess excellent personal organisation and ICT skills and have the ability to liaise confidently with staff, parents/carers and external agencies in a commitment to raise student achievement. An ability to identify barriers to student learning and to develop ways of overcoming these is essential. The successful applicants will be confident in working with young people in a school environment and with students who may be in difficult circumstances.
All posts are 36½ hrs per week for just over 39 weeks per year, although part time working will also be considered. Some flexibility in working hours will be required including supporting a few evening meetings during the academic year.
The Academy is judged to be an Outstanding school (Ofsted 2015); is heavily oversubscribed for places; achieves excellent examination results and maintains exceptionally high standards of student behaviour.
If you would like to be a part of this team, further details and an associate staff application form can be downloaded below. You should complete the application form electronically and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. ATA safeguards children and actively promotes their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. ATA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. The Academy also has full disabled access.
Morning (6.00-8.30am) or Evenings 5.00-7.00pm)
£8.25 per hour
Ashcroft Technology Academy is seeking to recruit quality cleaning staff to maintain the high standards in place at the Academy. Applicants should be self-motivated, flexible and take pride in their work.
As well as an excellent rate of pay, all cleaning staff are employed across the entire year and are entitled to 22 days leave per annum. Term-time only applications will be considered as will extended hours in the evening if required. An annual bonus scheme also operates.
For a full job description and application form, please contact Hugo Arceviera, Building Services Manager on 020 8877 0357 or email email@example.com Alternatively you can download the application form and job description from the links below.