Teacher of Science
- Inner London Pay Scale
- ATA Allowance £1000
- 2% Attendance Bonus
- Possible Recruitment Incentive
Ashcroft Technology Academy is looking to appoint a well-qualified scientist to teach across the sciences at KS3 and KS4 and in their specialism at KS5 from September 2017. At KS4 we deliver the OCR Gateway 9-1 GCSE, the combined and the Triple Science courses. At KS5 we offer both A-level and the International Baccalaureate in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. This vacancy provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality and well-resourced environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers. This post will be of interest to NQTs or experienced Science teachers.
Ashcroft Technology Academy:
- is graded an outstanding school (Ofsted 2015) with high standards of behaviour
- is a highly successful and heavily over-subscribed school in Putney, south west London
- provides excellent quality and well-resourced facilities
- had 81% of Y11 students achieve both English and Maths GCSE at grade C or better in 2016, with 53% of the cohort gaining the EBACC. The Progress 8 score is +0.48 placing Ashcroft in the top 5% of state schools
- has the highest performing Sixth Form in Wandsworth
- offers both A-Levels and the International Baccalaureate in the sixth form
- offers excellent opportunities for career development with a comprehensive NQT programme
- is close to the A3, to East Putney tube station and Putney main line for easy commuting
You must complete the application form electronically and email it as soon as you are ready but no later than the closing date Wednesday 07 June 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and so we advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. ATA safeguards children and actively promotes their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. ATA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. The school also has full disabled access.
Science Department Recruitment Pack