Lead teacher of SEN (Autistic Resource Centre)
Inner London Pay Scale plus TLR
ATA Allowance £1000
2% Attendance Bonus
Possible Recruitment Incentive
Ashcroft Technology Academy is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated lead teacher of SEN to provide support to students with Autistic Spectrum Condition and to coordinate and develop the work of a team of professionals who are employed in our Autistic Resource Centre (ARC). The appointment will begin in April 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter). The successful candidate will have experience of working with SEN or autistic students and will be an excellent classroom practitioner who understands the importance of a differentiated approach to teaching and learning and who has the desire to undertake, and deliver, further training. Our ideal candidate will have the drive and determination to ensure that the students in ARC make the best of the opportunities offered to them in order that they can operate successfully in a large academy, with high expectations of behaviour and effort, and access the mainstream curriculum. This post will suit a classroom practitioner who would like to pursue their career in SEN or in a pastoral function, such as Head of Year.
Ashcroft Technology Academy:
- is graded an outstanding school (Ofsted 2015) with high standards of behaviour
- is a highly successful and heavily over-subscribed school in Putney, south west London
- provides excellent quality and well-resourced facilities
- 84% English and Maths GCSE at grade 4 or better in 2017, with 58% of the cohort gaining the EBACC.
- has the highest performing Sixth Form in the Borough of Wandsworth for the past 4 years
- offers both A-Levels and the International Baccalaureate in the sixth form
- offers excellent opportunities for career development with a comprehensive NQT programme
- is close to the A3, to East Putney tube station and Putney main line for easy commuting
If you would like to visit the school, please telephone 020 8812 3553 and ask for Conor Hewitt. Further details about the position and an application form can be found below:
You must complete the application form electronically and email it as soon as you are ready but no later than noon on Thursday 30 November 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and so we advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. ATA safeguards children and actively promotes their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. ATA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. The school also has full disabled access.