Student of the Week
Student of the Week is an award for students who have excelled for a range of possible reasons. SoTW provides motivation and incentive for our students and raises self esteem as well as academic standards.
Every week staff are asked for nominations for students who have particularly stood out for one of the following reasons:
- Academic excellence: for example a piece of excellent homework/classwork where the student has demonstrated outstanding attainment/achievement.
- Personal attributes and qualities: for example a student who has been inspirational in their response to a particular situation
- Outstanding progress or development in a skill area: for example a student who may have excelled in the delivery of a presentation
- Excellent use of non-contact time: for example a student who makes full use of the Study Area, LRC or Art Studio
- Any other reason of comparable standing
The weekly winners are agreed between the SoTW coordinator and the Assistant Principal, Sixth Form and whose decision is final.
The Student of the Week will be displayed on the plasma screens and announced in assembly, along with a list of other students nominated. At the end of each term, one of these winning students and one from those nominated will receive a voucher to keep the excitement levels up!
Week beginning 27 March 2017
Week beginning 20 March 2017
Week beginning 13 March 2017
Week beginning 06 March 2017
Week beginning 27 February 2017
Week beginning 20 February 2017
Week beginning 06 February 2017
Week beginning 30 January 2017
Week beginning 16 January 2017
Week beginning 09 January 2017